JapanKnowledge Lib Support
- I am using Safari as the browser on an iPhone/iPad, but after I login, when I enter a search term and click "Search" the search term I entered disappears.
- Please check whether or not the Safari "Private browse" has been enabled. With "Private browse," this phenomenon occurs because the cookie information that JapanKnowledge requires for authentication does not remain in (is deleted from) the system. If the setting is enabled, please disable "Private browse" by using the following procedure.
- 1. Tap the icon that looks like two squares imposed on one another at the lower right (upper right in some versions) of the Safari screen.
- 2. Tap "Private," displayed in the lower left, and tap "Finish."
*If the color of upper part of the Safari screen changes from black to white, the change has been made from "Private browse" to normal mode.
- When I enter a search term and click "Search," the search term I entered disappears.
- Please can you tell me how I can browse the latest issue of Shukan Economist (Weekly Economist) and also how to browse past issues one at a time.
- Select Weekly Economist from the "bookshelf" and click the cover of the issue you want to read to see a list of articles in that issue.
In addition, by clicking "Search" in the empty search box in the "Advanced Search" in Weekly Economist, headlines from the top of the latest issue appear in order. It is also possible to select the issue you wish to read from the issue number at the left of the screen.
*If there is already a search term in the search box, please erase the search term before clicking "Search."
- I am accessing JapanKnowledge off-campus (VPN connection), but the main text pages of Shimpen Nihon Koten Bungaku Zenshu (The Complete Collection of Japanese Classical Literature: New Edition), Toyo Bunko (The Eastern Library Series) and Edo Meisho Zue (Famous Places in Edo) do not display.
- The contents of the series Shimpen Nihon Koten Bungaku Zenshu (The Complete Collection of Japanese Classical Literature: New Edition), Toyo Bunko (The Eastern Library Series) and Edo Meisho Zue (Famous Places in Edo) are browsed as graphic images using an exclusive viewer (a browser-like viewer) that obfuscates the data.
Regarding other modes of VPN connection, it is sometimes possible to use JapanKnowledge using a "do not convert URL setting" at the VPN side, but we ask that you implement the setting alteration for the VPN connection with the understanding of the organization you are affiliated to.
*The method used to solve this issue may differ according to the system you are using.